I Once Lost A Part of Myself


I once lost a part of myself,
Because of a person.
A person who I thought loved me,
He was the reason why my heart ached.
I was constantly thinking about what I did,
Was our relationship rough?
I thought I was giving him the best version of myself,
But I guess I was not good enough.
He decided that being with another woman would give him more satisfaction,
I guess I was just another distraction.
He denied being with her,
But, how could I forget the image of another woman kissing my man’s mouth?
How could I forget the image of her being on top of him?
How could I forget him smiling and enjoying every second of it?
He then apologized,
He apologized for not ending our relationship sooner,
He apologized for accidentally showing me the pictures of her and him.
I was dating a narcissist.
He was not sorry for the way he hurt me.
He was not sorry for the way he treated me.
He was not guilty of his actions,
I once lost a part of myself.
Because of this single person,
A person who I thought loved me.

-Skyheart

Comments

Popular Posts