What if I left

Do you ever get that feeling of leaving?
Leaving everyone you know behind.
Starting over,
Because you know everyone has hurt you and it’s hard to just forget.
It’s hard to forget the things they said,
The words they used that hurt you.
They act like everything is fine,
But, when you are all alone you are still thinking about what they said,
You try to escape from your negative thoughts.
You fight yourself every day,
You still hold on to that possibility that one day everything will be okay.
Sometimes holding on is the only option,
We think people can change.
We often ask ourselves if they will even miss us.
Did they appreciate my presence?
Will they notice my absence?
Do they need me, do they want me in their life?
What would you do if I left?
-Skyheart

Comments

Popular Posts