To The Man I First Loved

Before I met you, I was incapable of loving someone,
Because I do not get attached easily.
Love was something that I have always over analyze,
Sometimes people often tell lies.
I do not just fall in love either,
For I was a girl that grew up with an absent father.
I was a girl who knew that attachment would hurt,
This little girl’ heart was not valued, just like dirt.
Something that people just step on,
Not knowing that it hurts.
I slowly begun to shut my heart,
For I know I will not get hurt if it is guarded.
I closed all the possible doors,
Sooner or later, my heart was locked.
Boys were knocking, wanting to get in,
But none of them had the right key to unlock this girls’ heart.
But, then I met you,
My soul was attracted to you.
You were independent, strong, shy, and a gentleman.
You were so patient with me,
You paid attention to the little details,
Reassured me that I was safe with you.
The more I got to know you,
The more I fell in love.
I still get excited and feel the butterflies when I am with you,
To this day, I am still in love with you.
To the first man I first loved,
To this day, my heart only belongs to you.
To this day, the only key that unlocks my heart is yours,
I love you more.
You were my first, and hope to be the last,
Because a love that is true, never dies.

-Skyheart

Comments

Popular Posts