Acceptance

                          
America, the freest nation on earth. Is it really?
A lot of people make movies showing how great America is, how you get freedom when you are in America. But, in reality, you are actually not completely free. They tell people how in America you have the freedom of speech, the freedom to be yourself, but why do people fear for their life? They fear the judgment of others towards them, because they have seen how people in America are lost and so blinded by power and control. How judgmental people can be, unfairness, and how selfish. People fight to make what they believe is right rather than think about what is right.

    What is freedom of speech? (the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.) The right to say WHATEVER you want. So, why do people limit others to voice their own opinions and their own beliefs? Free to be yourself. But, why do people judge others for simply being themselves?

You know who I think are the most strongest people on earth? Homosexual people. In a world full of judgment, unfairness, and selfishness, they still chose to be themselves. “Being homosexual is not normal.” is what some people say. Tell me, what is normal? Everyone is not perfect. Everyone is trying to figure themselves out in this world full of negativity and unfairness. If Homosexual people can love, share, make you laugh, show kindness, and accept you for who you are, what is not normal about that? Why can’t you accept them for who they are and just stop the judgment? Don't point fingers, if your hands aren't clean. I have met a lot of homosexual people that are very kind, and the “normal” people out there, are selfish and negative.

Today, a friend of mine who is homosexual and is from a different country told me. “You see, I thought America was suppose to be a free country. That is why I am here. I thought I was free to be myself and be away from all the judgment. But, I am not, I was wrong about America being free.” I told him, “Surround yourself with people who accepts you as you are, and don’t worry about the people that do not. You don’t need them in your life.” Homosexual people only ask for one thing, to be accepted as they are. To me, it does not matter what ethnicity, color, background, and sex you are. If you show kindness, and acceptance to those who differ from you, then you are worthy to be called normal and a friend.


Comments

Popular Posts