Emotions

We as human beings are often confused about our feelings, we sometimes do not know why we are feeling this type of emotions. We also often question ourselves if we are good enough for that one particular person, or if your friends are helping you get to where you want to be in the future. Our mind constantly wanders when we are by ourselves and with other people. Lastly, we criticize ourselves so much that we forget our own worth.

Today, a friend and I were sitting at a bench and we talked about life, that one topic that interest me the most. He told me that he has a lot of “emotions”. You see, emotions can be a good thing and not at the same time. It feels great to feel “love” and to be “loved” but emotions is also dangerous when it comes to decision making. Sometimes emotions gets in the way, we follow our heart instead of our mind. Most people do not balance the pros and cons of how the decision that they are making will affect their future. Some people go with the flow, some take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Life is like a game, and there are two players. Player one, the novice. If you are new at it you just go with the flow until you “win” it. You will lose a lot of times, because you do not have a tactic/plan. Player two, the expert. If you had somewhat an experience with the game, you question every move you make. Because in life, you felt lonely, depressed, betrayed, abandoned, and not feeling of belonging. Where I’m getting at is, experts always take a step back and they look at the bigger picture. Novice in the other hand, they always go with the flow.

Our mind constantly wanders, you are your own worst enemy. You constantly criticize yourself until you reach the point to where you end up not liking who you are. Always try to focus on the positive side, brush off the negativity. Because, most often than not, that one thing you hate the most about yourself is loved by another human being. Your flaws ends up being the most beautiful thing. Learn to love yourself before you love other people.

My friend also told me that he does not like hurting other people or seeing them hurt. He would always sacrifice himself for the other person, he would take the bullet. I too used to be the same way, but I got tired of always catching the bullet for other people that won’t do the same for me. I was too busy saving people, I didn’t realize how much I was hurting myself in the process. You have to know your own worth. You see, people get “hurt” because they put themselves in that position. Your gut feeling is often right when it tells you that you will burn if you continue playing with fire. What you get is the results of your own actions.
A good friend of mine once told me, "You can't save everybody."


Comments

Popular Posts